No, everything is not perfect- there are plenty of sad and stressful things in my life. But this happiness has to do with my outlook and my actions.
Happiness really is a choice- but its more of a series of choices that bring that old saying to life.
In this post I am going to focus on the health/fitness aspect of happiness. Next to my spiritual relationship, my diet impacts me most.
1. Fall in love with exercise. I’ve been exercising more than normal. It’s not because I’m trying to lose weight; it’s because I’ve fallen in love with the thrill of a spin class, power of yoga and fun of routines at home. Now I plan workouts because they’re exciting and leave me feeling great.
2. Customize. You already know to eat healthy and you have to eat less (to lose weight), so feel free to get a little sneaky in how you do it. I always crave something cool and sweet in after dinner- and I usually make a smoothie (too many calories when I’m not even hungry) to fill that craving. So most days I will eat my carbs in the morning and afternoon, tons of veggies for lunch, fruit for snacks and then a big hearty green-protein smoothie for dinner. I get dinner and dessert in one- and it is good for me! It tastes like I’m indulging!
3. Find your balance. I never thought I could lose weight without counting calories, but I have by remembering every meal counts and I need to strive for my perfect balance. It’s a journey.
4. Flex your schedule. I’ve switched heavy dinner dates to lighter fare. Some dinner plans I’ve been able to switch to a craft project or activity (golfing, walking, biking, etc.). Don’t miss out on life, but I think you can definitely make changes when possible.
5. Be happy. When I’m happy I want to treat myself better. A tip on how to get there next post.
What tips do you use in your own life? How much does exercise/food impact your happiness?