Lessons Learned from Today’s 35-Mile Ride:
1. Lace underwear and 35 miles in the seat do not work.
2. Running out of water AND every single cooler on the trail (because I stopped and checked every one) being empty is not cool.
3. Tom’s Natural Deodorant (you know, WITHOUT antiperspirant) will not leave you feeling fresh and glamorous.
4. Caramel ice cream is not a good pre-workout snack. Ugghhhh.
5. A whole packet of Emergen-C is not meant to be ingested with only one tablespoon of water (see #2).
6. Maxi-padded spandex shorts down to my knee are most unflattering. Thank God I’m not single!
Friends Met Along the Way:
4. Mr. and Mrs. Turtle and all their friends
5. BIG bad rattlesnake