I’ve talked before about the yummy vegan carrot soup recipe I found on AllRecipes.com. But the way I make it is so different from the original that I thought it deserved a new post.
I love this soup. It’s definitely one of my favorite meals. It is healthy, tasty and so filling. I like to make a huge batch and freeze in individual bowls. It reheats perfectly!
So here is my carrot sweet potato soup recipe (adapted from allrecipes):
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 1 medium onion, diced
* 3 cloves garlic, minced (I used 2.5 T minced garlic)
* 8 large carrots, cut into large chunks (I leave the skin on)
* 2-3 sweet potatoes, cut into large chunks (I leave the skin on)
* 2 cups vegetable broth
*1 cup milk alternative (I used vanilla soy)
* 2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon curry powder
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook oil, onion and garlic, stirring often until onion is translucent. Add carrots and potatoes, and cook for just a few minutes.
2. Pour the vegetable broth into the pot, and add seasonings. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until carrots are tender.
3. Puree soup in small batches* using a food processor or blender, or if you have an immersion blender, it can be done in the soup pot. Reheat soup if necessary, and serve or freeze.
*Makes approx. 10 cups
Do you have a favorite soup recipe?