I finally posted my training plan for the Great Floridian 140.6 in October. What I left off is my training goals and time goals.
1. I finish the Great Floridian in 15 hours 30 minutes.
2. I compete the Great Floridian at my happy weight (about 10 pounds lower than now).
3. I complete every workout in my training plan.***
4. I take two CrossFit classes and two Orlando Power Yoga classes each week.
5. I sleep at least 7 hours each night.
***Even if I can’t fit in the mileage, I want to make it a habit to get out there and complete some training for every workout scheduled. If I know my body needs rest, I’ll skip it.
Like I’ve mentioned before, I completed the 2010 race (oops.. it says 2011 below!) very slowly. I didn’t care about my time or pay any attention to cutoff times. This year is different.
I jotted down time goals as numbers to keep in mind, not necessarily follow down to the second. My time goal is 15:30 and these goal numbers add up to 14:51, so there’s plenty of PB&J-eating time to be had.
Do you get analytical when planning out races or do you typically play it by ear?