Klara with Mix My Own emailed me about her healthy breakfast company and asked if I’d like to give it a try. I’m pretty sure I don’t need to tell you why I said yes, so here’s what I thought of Mix My Own!
Here’s how it works: you decide you want a new, healthy option for breakfast. You visit the Mix My Own site and begin building your muesli or granola or cereal mix. You add in your fun mix-ins. Name your custom mix. Go to checkout, pay about$5 for shipping and get your mix to your doorstep in about two days!
1. Base like five grain bircher muesli, whole grain honey almond vanilla granola, organic multigrain flakes and organic ancient grains flakes.
2. Base Ingredients like organic quinoa flakes, raw/toasted wheat germ, crunchy whole grain coconut granola and whole grain rye flakes.
3. Fruits like organic apple chips, freeze dried bananas, dates, goji berries and mulberries.
4. Nuts & Seeds like cashews, chia seeds, organic coconut, pistachios and pumpkin seeds.
5. Extras like organic acai powder, organic cacao nibs, organic ground cinnamon, matcha tea powder and vanilla bean.
And BOOM. You have an awesome muesli mix to prepare at home and enjoy.
My “Dog Day” mix was full of flavor with a large portion of mix-ins. There were huge chunks of walnuts and just enough of the seeds and dried fruits. It was heavy on the cinnamon so I prepare mine with some plain rolled oats.
Some thoughts about Mix My Own:
- easy to go back to different sections and add more to your base
- all selections loaded in the handy sidebar so it was easy to track my design
- love the amount of organic and raw selections and that I can add ingredients twice
- the actual mix was stuffed with ingredients
I really enjoyed the ordering process and final product with Mix My Own. It’s not in my budget to use as a daily breakfast, but I can see it as a treat or a great gift. I can imagine mixes for college freshman, new parents or a health nut’s birthday.
Have you tried Mix My Own? What do you enjoy in your muesli or oatmeal?